Di atas hatiku

Well. Today seems a very good day indeed. I knew how to do most of my lecture test, spammed through GP with my talking, learnt quite a lot of stuff during my chem lecture, and Mr Low didn’t come for chem class. Well, I end school at 11.30am. Then climb fence.

170~~~ All the way through the kastam and on to Mighty Malaysia. Bought a hell lot of stuff. Donuts, birthday card, Pringles, London Choco Roll (yeah I know everyone hates the advertisement during Little Nyonya), Pandan Egg Roll, Durian Dodol, and much more. With RM50 on hand, all these is damn worth!
Gosh why must our economy be so strong. So everything so expensive and so fat-moving. See people in Malaysia enjoying their lives, apart from their not-so-efficient government.

And so, shared a lot of food when I reached NJ. Half the Pringles were gone, only 4 Dodols left, finished my yoghurt drink, and shared my donuts with Norman and gang and one to Li Chen. The donuts are nice! I have never tried donuts before, so I think J.Co is really good to seduce (erm I meant entice) me into it.
When I return to Singapore there was this Tourism Malaysia staff that wanna ask a survey. So his first question was:

"Sir I can see you are a tourist. How long is your stay in Malaysia?”

"Erm… 3 hours?”

"Oh. Haha ok thank you for your patience. Nah, your gift. Come Malaysia again ah!”

The survey was actually quite long. Perhaps I was in Malaysia for too short a period that he thinks that it is a waste of time asking me.



Sent my first batch of letters to Taiwan via Pos Malaysia. More to come. Pos Malaysia really broken my heart. I realised how sucky my Malay was today.

When I entered the office, everything around me was Malay. I was so overwhelmed. Not that I am intimidated, but I have never seen a place with so much Bahasa Melayu. Not a single English word. GOSH.
So I went to ask the stamps counter:

“Erm….Er….Saya ada surat huh…. nak hantar ke Taiwan ah…. er….Bila dia dapat?”

“HUH?!”

Oh gosh this is bad, so I changed my phrasing.

“Er…. Chia lat lah, er….. Saya dari Singapura, so my Melayu tak baik ah…. er….. I want to hantar this surat ke Taiwan…. Er…… Bila datang?”

“HUH? Datang mana?”

Shit, I used the wrong word.

“Aiyah, bila kawan akan get surat ini?”

“Ohh…. 10 hari.”

Disclaimer: My Malay is not so sucky ok. Just that I was overwhelmed and started to feel a little lost. And I am not saying that Singaporeans have shitty Bahasa Melayu standards. Merely providing a reason to substantiate my crap Malay during that 10min.

Anyway when I was in Taiwan there was this Hokkien advertisment which is damn good,. By Chunghwa Post  where they are trying to haolian their efficiency through the seasons. And don’t worry there are Chinese subtitles. Enjoy.



Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​