拼落去……

I am sick.
D:

Sore throat, with all this yucky stuff, and fever headache neckache whatever ache.

Still, went for a run.
Because I have to. I am a soldier right.

And I need to train for the start of my next upcoming course: SIG SPEC COURSE.
I told myself I've gotta achieve something there.
I WILL.




Anyway, as I was saying, I went for a little run.
From my house to Upp Changi Rd East, then Bedok Rd, then Upp East Coast Rd, then........


Okay lah very tired, but I managed to 逼 all my 气 out during the run, and I feel more comfortable now actually.

Took some pictures here, because I know that 90% of NJ people don't stay in the East. I mean the East proper lah, not Sengkang Punggol that kind...


Upp East Coast Rd/East Coast Rd






Expensive right. Can compare with a lot of those houses along Bt Timah Rd loh......
By the way, the camp that I've been wanting to go all along before I OOC is here. Guards!


Joo Chiat 如切

Joo Chiat is a very unique constituency. There's only 4 blocks of flats (see below) in the whole constituency. Lowest number of flats in Singapore. Perhaps the people here are also rich? In the past, there were a lot of Peranakans living here too. A bit confusion between Joo Chiat and Katong lah huh, it's all 差不多 that area though...


Here got quite some amazing makan places...



Yesterday I was just talking about spiral stairs. Now they appear again! And it's pretty uncommon to see power cables in Singapore....

Joo Chiat is named after this guy called Chew Joo Chiat. This Mr Chew bought a lot of land here and built plantations. Then because the government wanted to build a road across his plantation, they offered to purchase some of his land. He, seeing the benefits of having a major trunk road across his land, decided to give it free. So the municipal government very happy, called this road Joo Chiat Rd, and that's how things started....


Opera Estate


ERDINGER.... @ Frankel Ave

A hilly run.

New condo: Flamingo Valley...


Opera Estate is a pretty big estate, consisting of a lot of private housing around a hill called Siglap Hill. It offers a really beautiful scenery because it is not very easy to see the skyscrapers in the East. The East terrain very flat lah, not like the West, where the hilly features cause there to have more rain and stuff (go google the Rain Shadow Effect)...

Have I said before, the roads here are all named after operas, like Figaro, Swan Lake, Terang Bulan, Carmen, Fidelio and stuff? It's really interesting, but I think it will make Taxi Drivers burst.

Even the street lamps here also so..... arty farty.

Chai Chee 菜市

Before the estate was built, the area was primarily farmland over a series of rolling hills with the kampung on top. Now the hills were levelled, leaving one hill where SATA sits. Where did the hills go? Marine Parade lah.

As the name suggests, farmers would gather here to sell their produce. A thriving community soon evolved and Chai Chee became a focal point for the kampong resident. Then government builds flats here, which is the first housing estate in the East, and like Toa Payoh, they built factories here so that residents can go work easily.

Yeah, even the pavement also got vegetables. 菜 mah.

Many of the roads are what I call "upgraded kampung roads", meaning they have been here since the kampung days, from mud tracks to cement to asphalt and turmac roads. Things do change quickly in Singapore isn't it?











Anyway my Taiwan buddies are very pissed are what's going on in the Asian Games right now. This poor Taiwan girl got disqualified after thrashing Vietnam 9-0 in Taekwondo because the Korean referee said she used unauthorised equipments. However during the pre-match checks everything was fine, and she actually had 9 spares just in case equipments can't be used. So she was left there, crying on the grounds after the match ended. Pathetic right. Stupid referee.



If my friend Mr Lü really votes for KMT for ten years I will so buy him a present.
And WTF, Chen Shui-bian is acquitted? WTF?

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​