Getai

30052009_004

Happened to walk past the neighborhood and saw this getai. 双府庙 落府将军 李夫人 千秋. Whatever that is, some birthday of some god I guess.

Anyway it was a really interesting performance. I sat there for quite some time and got quite engrossed. And even though my Hokkien isn’t that good I can tell that the host is quite pro and the atmosphere was there. The host is 王雷 by the way and he looks like 陈雷. The place was really so crowded.

Then there was this boy who was only 8 years old:
30052009_013

This little boy just completed his SA last week and he is here singing songs like 風真透, saying 代誌係永遠做袂了 薪水攏是嫌不夠. Please lah, how old only sing this kind of songs?

30052009_032

Then got some procession and lion dance. The 乩童 (whatever that is in Hokkien) a bit not exciting lah. No bloody scenes. But the lion dance is damn pro. Especially when three lions dance together. Damn spectacular.
The place is really damn crowded. Then they have some charity auction:

30052009_005

Actually today I saw less than ten people of my age. Most of them are 40 and above. Quite sad to see such traditions dying out from our society. The 热闹ness is the aspect I like the most. And only in such occasions I see neighborhoods of people coming together and cheer for their favorite “artistes” and it’s really exciting.

Maybe that’s why the saying goes, ”The more the merrier.”

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​