Move on






Got myself a couple of surprises in Taiwan.

1. Kena typhoon.
Damn suey? News said that it was the strongest in X years, but honestly I didn't feel anything, and we got a day off for it. Went to Kaohsiung to find some friends, and visited the ancient Tainan city myself. And the best part, I found out that the Confucius Procession will be held on 28 Sep at 4am. SEE YOU THERE, CONFUCIUS.

2. CCA Fair.
I guess I am joining their Dragon Boat team? No choice, I really need to beef up, Singaporeans cannot lose out to the Taiwanese. Especially when the teachers are not exactly very sensitive.

3. The Teachers in the Political Science Department.
Not all teachers are like that, but some always ask, "Oh you come from Singapore, how does it feel like to be living in a extremely authoritarian regime?"
I really don't know what to say. I just felt like punching them because....... that is simply not a very nice thing to say to a foreigner. Democracy is definitely good, but I think dignity is about how much you can fulfill your needs. Sort out yourself before talking about others.

4. Group projects.
Well, I don't really have local friends in Tainan, because I yellow skin black hair and speak Mandarin, just like any one of them. Nothing special. They will instead flock around black, white or hijab students. Aiyah is like that one lah, Singaporeans also the same. But after doing group projects I realise some of them start looking at me with amazement--like how come our presentation skills so good. What to do, Singapore stressful mah. But yeah lah I realised that the only way to impress people long term is to be good and useful at something, not just being special/exotic. Such impressions won't last.

Just some random thoughts, I guess I still miss Singapore, but as I always say, what to do, make do with it lor. 16 more weeks to go. Oh yeah.







Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

Intern 十日新人 ​

你老母的2017