more rice

劲草折腰为荷痛
春风喜雨有杏生

I know I complain a lot, but I am starting to like this city. Honestly this city has nothing much to offer me--it's boring, it's quiet, it's slow. It's really different from home, but that's the fun part of it.

Today I had some amazing gyoza and soba at some roadside stall. 手工的面条真的很嫩,冰凉爽口 (yes they cook the noodles on the spot and soak them in ice water),饺子馅含有虾肉和猪肉,不仅口感不腻味道也很香。



This is probably my longest meal ever because I sat down and waited for my food for at least half an hour, something which I would never ever do in busy Singapore. Guess what, I told myself 我有的是时间 and just sat there and chilled.

Okay I did talk to the shopkeeper a bit lah, but spent most of the time thinking about what I would wanna do in Tainan. Like legit deep planning, since I am already here and have adequate resources to know what this old city has to offer.

Many people would assume that I chose Tainan as my destination because 1. it's Chinese-speaking and 2. I need Asian food. Yeah both are true, but they missed out the third reason: I need a place where culture is appreciated. Not saying that Pop Culture is not culture, but well I'm obviously looking for something deeper than that. 更有内涵, you know?


                                                                                                                      

Mungkin itu adalah takdir bahwa saya harus menghadapi masalah-masalah ini.
Mungkin saya harus berjuang untuk apa saja yang saya merasa penting.
Sekarang saya lihat kau mendapat kegembiraan tapi saya masih hidup dengan susah payah.
Saya ingin mengucapkan Terima Kasih kepadamu untuk sokonganmu dan saya akan mengawasi kau dari luar. Inilah janjiku.


心若相知,无言也默契;
情若相眷,不语也怜惜。

很多时候,我们都在,寻找可以倾诉的人。
有些话;憋在心里会崩溃,需要出口;
有些事;扛在肩上是压力,需要分担。

找一个,畅所欲言的伴,让精神舒缓;
守一份,不离不弃的情,让心灵靠岸。

所有的苦乐,有人懂;一切的努力有人知。
一杯热茶,暖的是身;一句懂得,暖的是心。

最真的拥有,是我在;最美的感情,是我懂。

感情不是人生的全部,却是心灵最好的归宿。
再黑的夜有人陪,也不觉困苦;
再冷的冬有人想,也不会孤独。

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

Intern 十日新人 ​

你老母的2017