lima puluh lagi

50 days later I would be leaving this ancient city which I really wanted to come and yet dislike at the same time. Honestly I still think that Tainan is not any different from any other small city in Mainland China (okay I might get punched for saying this but it's the honest truth) and I would still prefer to live in Singapore. Personal preference.

I'm probably gonna write some dedicated posts in the next 7 weeks before I return to sunny cozy Singapore and start making money. I thought living in Canada for a month was bad enough, but it was this few months experience which make me feel that home is truly what I miss the most. Home, is not just an arbitrary physical object (aka a house/flat/condominium/angmoh chu/etc) but I view it more as an abstract term. It's the kind of familiarity that I miss: food, language, 思維方式, climate, and many more. I would not want to trade this familiarity with anything else, no matter the price.

Tainan is indeed an amazing place. Singaporeans (famous for being "cold" and "bochup") always comment on how hospitable the Taiwanese are and it is more so in the south, like Tainan. It's a blessing that I was able to meet so many passionate individuals that made my stint here more meaningful than I expected.

I didn't expect much from this exchange at all because:
1. This is like my fifth trip to Taiwan? I think I should have known everything I ought to know about this island already.

I have been to 233 out of 368 townships here thus far...
2. If 4 trips isn't enough, all those MVP情人/夜市人生/蔡依林/臺灣紅不讓/立法院打架影片 should suffice as well.

MVP情人, one of the best Idol Dramas we have imported yet:



夜市人生 A MUST WATCH CLIMAX AT 2:05!



蔡依林 Listening to her songs since P6:



臺灣紅不讓:Bloody irritating narrator but highly successful variety show. If you haven't watched it before... do we have a generation gap?



立法院:I mean, come on lah, it's famous around the world I don't even have to say anything:




3. Tainan is a famous historic city but it is also rather under-developed compared to the other cities in Taiwan.
4. I'm just here to get a few modular credits to bring back to Singapore. I'm really here just to study and kill time.

But I guess I gained much more than I should...?
I have achieved many firsts in my life already:

1. Cycling for four days straight around half the island from Taitung to Taipei. You get to see more as compared to driving, really.

2. Attempted dancing for the first time in my life. Which would be another story I wanna share soon.

3. Tried competitive dragon-boating too.

4. My BMI is in the normal range, for once. I'm at 58kg now folks!
5. Driving on the right side of the road. With a license.
6. Overcome my fear of dogs and fought stray dogs on a mountain. With a stick of course. 媽的 臺灣野狗真多!
And of course many more to come, it's kinda late now and my tiny brain cannot function as well as it should.

50 days isn't very long exactly. It's a mere seven weeks away before I fly home.
And I still have many things not done yet.

Just nice in the radio there is this song by 蕭煌奇

《無人熟識的彼個人》

無人熟識的彼個人 無人知影
伊心內 藏著多少無奈
人海茫茫 找無一個岸
一陣風 一粒風中的沙

無人熟識的彼個人 無人心疼
歌聲內 藏著多少悲哀
幸福無望 若是你同款
一條歌 陪伴過路的人
一條歌 送乎過路的人


在这个现实世界中,我们都是过客。
但是能相识是缘分,就请不要忘记当初认识时结下的情谊。
若有缘,彼日必能再次相见。
若无缘,那就当作是注定的吧。
Hutang emas boleh dibayar, hutang budi dibawa mati.

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

Intern 十日新人 ​

你老母的2017