之·乎·者·也

What a fruitful fortnight it must have been.

First, me and Ziyi went to Asian Civilisations Museum on an F1 Day. So crowded everywhere godammit.

 There was this exhibition about Liu Kang, 刘抗, a famous Singaporean artist who came from China and went to France to study art and returned to develop his own style of art known as 南洋画派.

Another typical Foreign Talent story? Not exactly. After all, he received numerous medals of commendation from everywhere and left us a legacy.



I overheard the guide saying that his strokes are very bold and he ued white to bring emphasis on the people/objects.
And he is someone who isn't fussy about details.


Liu's teacher was angry because the colonial government banned nude models, which was quite hypocritical since the concept of nude modeling came from the West.

I didn't take enough pictures, because everything was so good that I couldn't capture everything.

There were other galleries, like the Yellow Ribbon Project:



And this exhibit by Mojoko, where he used popular references in life excessively.
MUST CLICK TO ENLARGE! It's damn long!
 To "activate" the art you have make noises. The louder you make the bigger the motif will be. So you'll see Michelin, Superman and your daily Lucheon Meat pop out:


Ziyi can comouflage totally.

Went to Ziyi's place for hotpot. Haven't met Fiona and Hsiangway for a long long time. About a year already.



Then met this same bugger again the next day, enjoying a free Latte from the Sergeant me.




One more week on, I completed my Platoon Sergeant Course. Which was very educational I would say. I always loved learning new things. I don't see why people can stay at home for one whole weekend and not do anything other than sleep. I can never bring myself to do that.

That said, I got PROMOTED. To Second Sergeant (2SG).

 Which is a feat, considering I was an OOC and became a Corporal.
Just FYI, to compare my route and normal route and see just how LUCKY I am, here:



 So. I went to attend NUS BLAST!
 It's the same two 活宝s that asked to me go along.
And met Hsiangway's NJ friends, who said I didn't look like 20 at all and wondered why I was in the canteen everyday when I'm not a student. I AM, FOR GOODNESS SAKE!






It was an amazing catch-up with everyone! I'm always the nostalgia person.

 Talking about something serious, recently I was told that I have to give up my THE OTHER PASSPORT to be allowed extension in the Force.
Not that I didn't want to give it up, I was just being plain lazy. After all, I was told to wait till I reach 21 and wait for the government letter to send to my house.
Now that the circumstances are a little more complicated, I guess I'll need a trip to the Chinese embassy one of these days.


Haven't seen these before yeah? It's something to prove that you're a resident.
I have a green Dependant's Pass attached to it inside.


This is what it looks like inside. Aren't I cute. Just like a Pulau Tekong Recruit.
The handwriting is really neat!

VINTAGE~~~
No regrets about that, I've been eating Singaporean rice, drinking Singaporean water and wearing Singaporean underwear. What's there to regret.



And one more thing.
I'm going Taiwan!
Okay I have to say this is a little too quick, or 仓促, you get what I mean.
I was pondering about going to Taiwan in the morning. Then my fellow OOC-turned-3SG called me to ask if I was interested (what a coincidence!). So we bought the tickets immediately. $300+ only, via Jetstar.

Lodging? FREE. I can't really say why because it's complicated, but I guess relationships do help in the Chinese world yeah. Anyway I am going to Taipei for 2~3 days, then on to Tainan for 3 days, and back to Taipei for another 2 days before I come back to reality.

Adding new locations to my map (in purple and pink) *winks*

This is so gonna be a low-budget trip!

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​