你老母的2017






You realise my life is basically just Eusoff Hall right? And a bit of school.
所以2017年,我真的需要感谢你吗?






1. I returned from exchange in Tainan. It was a shithole no doubt, and landed me with really bad 扁桃腺炎 (tonsillitis, where your tonsils gets really rotten and you see yellow shit at the back of your throat). I was so sick of the place that I took the immediate flight back to Singapore in the afternoon after my morning finals paper.
image
Tough life.
Okay lah the grades not bad. After all it is supposed to be SU but I am glad I put in enough effort. What to do, the Taiwanese think that Singaporeans are damn perfect so I really need to prove them right. 累死林北了啦。



2. And I didn’t know I can play music. Hahaha. [Okay warning, allow me to haolian a bit can.]
So… I tried A Cappella and did a little gig at NJC Talentime this year. Really scary but fun.
Okay lah I talk a lot of rubbish but my balls shrink when it comes to 大场面 like this.








3. I ran for Eusoff JCRC President.
It was a difficult journey, and I guess that isn’t much I can really say until I graduate from this place in a few more months. There are simply too many stakeholders and differing opinions on what the President is expected of. Do people still hate me? Haha.

胜利固然重要,但是坚持理想更重要。
But anyway, I hope I have been delivering what I promised in the past semester. 来日方长,共勉之。




4. Back to school again.
Tough semester balancing everything, but I guess it is worth my time doing so many things at once. Without the harsh winter, the plum blossom will never get to reach its full bloom when spring comes.


Praise the Lord. The most enjoyable essay I have done thus far, on the Church of the Nativity in Hougang.


What would have happened in six years?
You’d have completed primary school education.
Buddha meditated under the bodhi tree for six years to seek enlightenment.
We would have the next Elected President (not Malay right?).
The first 《西游记》 drama in China apparently took six years to film, and honestly it was the best shit so far.



六年了,林北还在读书。
有时候真的觉得自己失去了很多,
但是之后却又觉得YOLO,反正人生不过一死,
或轻于鸿毛,或重于泰山。

自是尋春去校遲,不須惆悵怨芳時。
狂風落盡深紅色,綠葉成陰子滿枝。






始终如一,才是最好的坚持。
Stubborn as it seems, that must have been a reason why you felt so strongly in the first place.

人一辈子有那么一段时间,能够如此敏锐地去感知任何开心、快乐甜蜜和哀伤是很难得的。无论好坏,尽可能感受此刻生命里的浮沉吧。

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

Intern 十日新人 ​