Sandiwara siapa

Kinda miss Singapore badly and wanted to go back to work. The workaholic self is just burning--I can't keep still! Be it being a financial advisor or being the President of the JCRC in Hall, I just like the feeling of being busy, like it keeps me on the ball and probably makes me feel more meaningful.

Being busy means I have no time for meals. Which is true. Well I don't really like to eat and talk business so usually I try not to have proper meals with them. AND I like to have back-to-back appointments. Which means, yes my breakfast can begin as late as 8pm.

What to do, eat on the bus lor. Hahahaha.
McDonald's is unhealthy but probably the easiest thing you can eat on the bus?
And the bus is the only place which I can take a power nap between appointments?


I really need to buy a car soon.



Came across a post about late Malay movie director/actor/producer Tan Sri P. Ramlee on Roots.sg just now and it triggered my memories of him, after being "forced" to watch his films in a Singaporean Film module in NUS. P. Ramlee's movies carried messages of social enlightenment amidst its comical feel and had a profound impact on raising awareness on social issues in both Singapore and the peninsula.

In the film "Bujang Lapok" (Three Bachelors) that we were made to watch for our first tutorial, he was scammed by this woman called Prani and he was upset. He followed her home and overheard her speak to her mum after being questioned on the origins of the scammed money:

"Dalam dunia ini, kalau kita baik hati, kita jujur, tak mau cakap banyak, kita akan dipijak, Mak.

Tetapi, kalau kita bohong, menipu, meninggikan diri, orang pandang mulia kepada kita."

(In this world, if we were nice, honest, don't talk much, we will be trampled upon, Mum. However, if we lied, cheated, proud, haolian ourselves, people will look up to us.)

To that, P. Ramlee replied, "Inilah sandiwara dunia." (This is the drama of our world,)



迢递高城百尺楼,绿杨枝外尽汀洲。
贾生年少虚垂泪,王粲春来更远游。
永忆江湖归白发,欲回天地入扁舟。
不知腐鼠成滋味,猜意鹓雏竟未休


Just do your job well and you'll be rewarded. Rendahkan hati. Selalu.

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​