Peace in resting

People always say how precious life is and I don't think anyone would doubt that. After all, no amount of money can create life for you. However, it is only today that I found out how easy it is for one to lose his life and how small and helpless we could be when that happens.

一直以来都听别人说生命有多么可贵、短暂,但是直到今日自己亲眼目睹生离死别的场面,才了解这些话不仅是事实,更凸显我们的卑微。

It was difficult accepting the fact that someone whom I was speaking to (and disturbing) barely half a year ago could have changed so much in her battle against cancer. It was a shock to me when I saw her; I couldn't bear to look at her. It was painful to see someone else in pain, especially so for someone whom you knew.

I returned to office a quiet man. I guess it was that sense of sympathy I have in me that made me a person with a soft heart (albeit with crude mannerisms) and I really didn't like to see people suffer in vain. That was one of the reasons why I joined the financial advisory industry--to bring value to people's lives. But I haven't found the answer to this question: 为什么该走的不走,不该走的全走了?

心有些许不甘,依然无法平静,却也无奈接受现实之无情。

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​