兼·坚·being the tough man


Today marks the end of my series of crazy events this summer holidays. I don't really know how to put it, but I am really having mixed feelings about it.

A month-long trip to Israel, a series of orientation camps, Rag and Flag, and external commitments have gnawed up my life. I have simply no time left for all my friends, family and my loved one; at some point of time I was really about to break down.

It wasn't about my lack of ability. It was the problem of not having enough time for everything. It seemed that everything I did this holidays was diluted work--a cup of Milo Dinosaur becoming 5 cups of Milo with half a cup of ice.

I don't really regret my decisions, but for once if I were given the choice to choose again, I wouldn't have taken up so many diiferent commitments. I feel very passionate indeed, but now to think of it, it was actually very selfish of me to do so. While I get the "fun" and "kick" of occupying so many different posts, I passively denied many others who are probably more capable and has far less commitments. As they say in Chinese, 占着茅坑不拉屎……

I am glad that none of my commitments suffered huge damages, but if I had been wiser in choosing between the commitments probably they would have been done better. There could have be more participation and enthusiasm for Flag Day; there could have been better costumes for RAG; I could have stayed as an OGL in Hall Orientation instead of quitting it for RAG; I could have went to the gym regularly to make myself look more like a human instead of a monkey...


Bumi mana yang tidak ditimpa hujan.
It is of course human to err, and I really learnt a lot these holidays. They are really intangible benefits that I won't learn anyway else. Really gotta thank God for all these opportunities occurring in my life.

Will end my short senseless post with some recap of what I did over the holidays (in no time order).

Largest Ang Ku Kueh Flag!

Rag, was a life-changing decision. I don't know how to put it, but I really love you all.

Arts Camp, was another Life-changing event. Friends. Friends. Friends.
Ever grateful.


It's Israel. Yes, Israel. It's really safe.

Union Camp. My 招牌 camp.


HeritageFest in Mandarin. #NATIONALPRIDE


This is how fruitful life can be.
At the expense of almost everything else. 自己权衡一下吧。

总而言之,
宝剑锋从磨砺出,梅花香自苦寒来。












Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​