used to know

I started with 5 projects.
Japanese Studies down. Though I think I didn't do a lot on my part. 惭愧中……
Islam and Contemporary Malay Society. Finished. Kinda.
Crit on Thursday. Last crit of the year.
Ideas need 5 reading and responses. Haven't done a single one, 就等 weekend 吧。
And also a research on Bauhaus Dessau. Haven't started too. 也等周末吧。

Yesterday I was driving along Serangoon Rd. Yeah Deepavali is coming.
Hordes of people appeared at every direction, towards every direction.
“哎哟我的妈” was the first thing that came to my mind.
I think I honked at least 6 times.
Well, it's something noteworthy of a little 21 yr old boy with a Probation Plate.

Obviously I feel pissed. Racist and culturalist comments came across my mind.
But then I told myself, hey, 一年一次才,relac 一下啦.....
Then I started thinking how much they have been working to keep our nation clean and striving.

JUST LET THEM LAH.

While writing my essay for Islam and Contemporary Malay Society, similar issues arose, albeit in texts.
I am not implying discrimination, though perceptions are very much strive. We attained statehood since 1957 (that's more than half-a-century ago) and yet negative stereotypes still persist.

Some things are indeed better left unsaid and let  the natural cause take place.
No use enforcing something, which would imply the weakness of that situation one is in.





OVERNIGHTS PEOPLE.

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​