第一工

又是新的一年了…… 明年复明年,明年何其多啊……

One month ago I started on this "project" of listening through all the albums I've bought through the years and listening to them again, one by one.

The difference between downloading a song and buying an album is the DELETE button. You can download and delete songs as and when you like it, but I don't think you would throw away that $20 album you have..... right?



So I was listening to this Valentine's Day Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (做么名字酱长的) and there are many songs that are soothing and peaceful.






Sometimes there are albums which contains what I call "stupid songs", or songs that's just outright dumb and would bring Justin Bieber to shame if you blast it on the bus like how old aunties blast 我问天.

But this is different. Every song seems to be a story.
This is one of the most 值得 album I've bought.



Anyway I spent my Christmas on Batam and New Year on Sentosa.
Nothing really much to share, apart from the good food and chillaxation.
And all the lup-sups going on at Siloso Beach last night.


Hmm. Do you know what's a 手帳? It's something like an organiser. Or maybe it IS an organiser, I just don't know how to put it. It's really multifunctional because you can use it like a diary, copy notes, do random sketches randomly anywhere, or list down pros and cons for your own reference. FREAKING COOL RIGHT.

I started using one since J2. Starbucks was selling it at $16 I think and it starts from Sep '09 till Dec '10. I thought it was weird, but now the 山龟 (sua-ku) me knows that it's actually the norm hahahahahaha.


Starting from left: '09-'10, '10-'11, '12.
 I still don't know why it starts with September, but there are organisers/planners which start in January. And if you buy those September ones, buy them at least two weeks late into the New Year when the bookstores starts to give discounts, especially those shops that little girls will go in a shout SO CUTE; they gave me a 55% discount for the red organiser. Bought at Parco Marina Bay after Chingay training one day.


Notes that I made when I went to attend this Ciudades Paralelas presentation at Arab Street with Ka Tsun just before Christmas.
Handwriting very 潦草 right. Bopian, the angmohs speak too fast.

A Civilised Disagreement is to be comfortable with disagreements. Bullshit right hahaha.
 
Maybank branches because they are so hard to find! Hahaha!
I note down a lot of random stuff too:

One day on the taxi back to camp, the Taxi Uncle tried to explain the history of 正华 Zhenghua Village (Bt Panjang) to me.
Nothing to do in camp.

A Dummies Guide to the arcade game of Jubeat. Heeeee.

During my trip to Taiwan in October my dear organiser has been my best buddy providing me with all the tips and routes that I had fed him previously:

Attractions and Makans in Tainan.
My handwriting has never been so legible, because I scared later I can't read my own writing and hilang!


The five main railway lines in Taiwan.
The confusing one is the 縱貫線 because it splits into the Mountain Route and the Seaside Route in the middle.





Japanese 手帳 got all the Subway maps in Japan. COOL.



When I entered NS, I brought my Starbuck organiser wherever I went, to lessons, to the forests, to the marshes, and even overseas missions.

看看笑笑就好啊,别当真!


I think I can be a good doctor.

Can see how 捶心肝 I am when I missed a Gold just by 8 seconds because I stopped and tied shoelace?!

Last days of BMT, reminiscing the times that we had and whatever we learnt.
Because we were uniquely an Encik Company! aka SLACK
My theory of work with play, 劳逸结合, comes from here. :D
  
Being trained to be responsible and garang.

 This October when I went to Taipei I looked high and low for an organiser '12. 诚品 eslite is this very big chain bookstore in Taiwan, just like our Kinokuniya. They sell a lot of Japanese imported stationaries which are both user-friendly and "nice". I bought a calligraphy pen there already.

Nah! My Organiser '12:


Today's FIRST POST. So long already, where got space!
Recently we have a lot of new MRT lines... I used to be able to memorise all the stations but now AIYAH FORGET IT but I don't want to look like a noob traveller walking around with a route map:

Can you read the stations?

Taipei Metro System too!


The design very nice!
 The point I like about this new organiser is it's versatility. The entire book is almost blank, albeit with a few random pictures of Taipei around. I have to fill in the blanks myself in any fashion I like.



THE BEST PART? IT ONLY COSTS $5.





 

And I can't wait to go back to work on Tuesday!

Popular posts from this blog

午后闲情

你老母的2017

Intern 十日新人 ​